Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More About Me...

Artist Statement
The passing of a loved one can break your heart, but the passing along of a loved one’s talent can mend your soul. My mother was an accomplished artist who passed away when I was a young girl. Her loss was tragic, but what helped me through the hard times was that even though she had passed away, she had passed her art talent on to me.

The motivation to expand my art skills at a young age came from the influence of my mother, even though she was not on earth physically motivating me. By advancing my skills in painting, drawing, and etching I felt a further connection to her. Art always held within it a spiritual value for me. The same spiritual aspect I apply to my artwork I receive from my love for animals. Animals have influenced my artwork from the first time I picked up a pencil. I find the creative use of animal subjects gives the subject of my artwork an essence of spiritual power.

When I am in my own space completely focused on my artwork, I feel rejuvenated and content with myself. Feeling this way helps me create pieces of artwork that are more than just pencil on paper, or painting on canvas, but an outlet to express myself in a way that I could never accomplish verbally.

On my journey I would like to develop my artwork by using all of the skills that I have and will learn to make my artwork a unique and powerful spiritual tonic for others and myself.

1 comment:

Friedlings said...

Hi, Jessica-

You're very talented!!! Wow - impressive.

This is Randi Fried (once Randi Lawson)... your babysitter from long, long ago. Well, it feels like only a blink to me, but it's been a few years.

I saw your dad last week when I was with my son. He caught me up on what you're doing.

You have a gift... and it's a delighted to get peek.

Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes,

Randi