Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Solitary Dog

I finished the charcoal dog the other day. Everything is sent out the SAA and fingers are now crossed. I won't know until mid November if I've been accepted. In the meantime...when I showed the owner of the reference I was allowed to use...I wasn't expecting this:
---

Hi Jessica! I LOVED the drawing, you did a really wonderful job, and on behalf of me and my whole family, thank you for doing it. ^^ You see, we recently had to put Wren down, due to old age and sickness that she just couldn't combat any longer. She was a very vital and loved part of our family, and it has just been heart breaking these past few weeks living without her. We've been trying hard to get back on solid ground around the household, and especially for my mom, this portrait has just been lovely in helping us get there. She cried tears of joy when I showed it to her. ^^ And my dad, as a traditional-art-loving guy.. really applauds your skill! As do I.  

Once again, a big thanks from the James family. 

- Evan 
---
CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE


No comments: