Sunday, July 3, 2011

Updates

I've been a bad blogger...I haven't posted in awhile. So, here we go! I finished a pastel drawing of 3 fox kits. It took me a long time and not just because it was a 12x19''...I don't have as much expertise in backgrounds as I'd like [been practicing!]. The background for this painting took awhile to make it look believable. Especially the tree trunk. In the end I'm pleased with the results.
CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE
Medium: soft pastels & pastel pencils
Size: 12x19
Next... finished a commission from a repeat customer. I love repeat customers because it means they really liked their pet portraits. Also, they get a good deal for being a repeat.
CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE
Medium: Scratchboard and Ink wash
Size: 8x10
Our county has a magazine of all the happenings in my area. I sometimes read the magazine to see if there is anything I would go to. I happened to open up this months and I was so excited that I did!
CLICK TO VIEW AND READ
Well, that is all the news for the moment. Have a happy 4th of July! I promise to update the blog more!


No comments: