Monday, February 28, 2011

Charcoal Pup: WIP

I started this a few days ago and haven't had the chance to share it on my blog till now. I immediately feel in love with this photograph and knew it would transfer beautifully into a piece of art. A big thanks to John De Bord Photography for giving me permission to use his photo! I started off by using primarily black and white charcoal pencils with some hints of NuPastels for the really black/white spots.
CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE


I'm not sure what I want for the background yet. I'm taking some time to think about it. Meanwhile, I have always wanted to try velour. Many of the pastel artists I admire use this particular type of velour paper that is only available in the UK. I found a website that sold it. It should come by the end of this week. I can't wait to try it out! 

No comments: