If this wasn't a commission I would possibly keep it. He is a Beagle puppy, so cute, and I'm pretty content with how he came out. I'm not sure what his name is [I have to find that out]. For this scratch board I went for a 'more is less' approach. Also to substitute the hands, which I didn't want in the piece I replaced them with a piece of wood. So, it appears as if the pup is hanging over the side of a wooden fence of some sort. I think it fits. It only took me about 3 hours over 2 days to finish this guy. I really hope to finish off the other 2 commissions I have before November is over so if I don't get any commissions for the holidays I don't have any back logging. I also went to a demo for Golden Open Acrylic paints. The demo was interesting...mostly I felt like I was at a lecture but instead at the end I received free samples. Yay! I can't wait to start experimenting with them.
Final Results [VIEW FULL SIZE]:
Medium: Scratch board with a watercolor wash. Size: 5x7